Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Purposeful Punctuation

I think this is a very helpful chapter. Like Kelley said, the information is more applicable than a lot of the rest of the book. I doubt I will reference the section on sentence diagramming the next time I write an essay, but I know that I will have questions about punctuation. This chapter does a good job at organizing the different forms and uses of punctuation, providing useful examples at the same time. I am already comfortable using the comma in my writing. I have used the dash in my informal emails and facebook posts before, but never knew the true usage. I have not yet used semicolons or dashes in my formal writing. Any future questions I have about these forms of punctuation can be answered by referencing this chapter. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home